Friendships are made here! Men of all ages in our congregation are invited to become part of us as we work to support the mission and vision of Temple Emanuel.
The Men’s Club offers the opportunity to expand one’s circle of friends, to get involved in Jewish affairs, and to contribute to our Congregation.
PATHS TO COMMUNITY
The Men’s Club is an auxiliary organization. Our primary purpose is to provide social, educational, cultural and spiritual services for the men, as well as for the broader community. While we provide opportunities for men in our congregation to gather together for fellowship, recreation, personal growth and mutual support, we also work to support the mission, services and activities of the Congregation.
We devote most of our time and resources to activities in these four areas:
- Social interaction among the men of the congregation in order to build friendships among men and their families in support of our objective of building Jewish “Community” among our members.
- Intellectual interests of men in the Congregation. We will program for the unique needs and interests of men, being sensitive to the role men play in modern American families, egalitarian congregational life, and in Jewish family life.
- Spiritual interests of men in the Congregation. These spiritual interests are founded in our Jewish traditions, but open to modern approaches to spirituality, especially men’s spirituality.
- The interests of our men ing’milut hasadim (deeds of kindness) and tikkun olam (working to serve and improve our congregation, our local community and our world).
THIS PAST SUMMER WE encouraged you to support our Men’s Club by pledging per mile those who walked or ran in the local Bix 7 race. We look forward to involving you in more Temple and community events!
Other Interesting Stuff:
- Annual Family BBQ
- Spring Clean-Up Days
- Building the Annual Sukkah
- Superbowl Bash
- Health Seminars
- Monthly discussions
- Dining Out with the Rabbi
- Supporting our Youth
- And a whole lot more