High Holy Days 5779 – Rosh Hashanah Services Begin Sunday, September 9, 2018 at 7:15 pm
Schedule of High Holy Day Services and Events
- Sat, Aug 25 7:00 pm Nearly S’lichot Program Services
- Sun, Sept 2 10:00 am Kever Avot: Hebrew Cemetery (Rock Island)
- 11:00 am : Tri-City Jewish Cemetery (Fairmount Street, Davenport)
- 12:00 pm : Mt. Nebo Cemetery (Davenport)
- Sun, Sept 9 7:15 pm Erev Rosh Hashanah Evening Services
- Mon, Sept 10 9:00 am Children’s Services
- 10:15 am Rosh Hashanah Morning Services
- 12:30 pm Rosh Hashanah Luncheon hosted by the Temple Board of Trustees. Everyone Cordially Invited to be our Guests
- 1:15 pm Tashlich Service at the Mississippi River
- Tue Sept 18 7:30 pm Yom Kippur Evening Services – Kol Nidre
- Wed, Sept 19 9:00 am Yom Kippur Children’s Services
- 10:15 am Yom Kippur Morning Services
- 2:00 pm Walk By the River
- 3:00 pm Yom Kippur Yizkor and Neilah (Concluding) Services
“Break the Fast” immediately following Concluding Services. Everyone Cordially Invited to be our Guests
If you are not currently a member but wish to attend our HHD services, please contact our Temple Office for ticket information.
The Temple provides complimentary babysitting during all of the adult services above for children up to age 8 as long as they are toilet trained. However, we must have your prior reservation in order to secure the appropriate number of people to assist with this activity. Please contact the Temple Office if you are in need of this service.
HHD Parking Information
There is no reserved parking for these services at the Temple. However, if you have any special needs such as a need for a handicapped space, feel free to contact the Temple Office to make arrangements.
The High Holy Days are a time for reflection, introspection, prayer, and re-birth. You are welcome to join us in celebrating and observing these special Holy days beginning with the observance of Selichot, Kever Avot, Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur and Yizkor services. Please see the Schedule of Services for a list of dates and times of these services.
We hope you will join our congregational family for a spiritually meaningful High Holy Day experience. While all the services affect our members in different ways, services for Yom Kippur and especially Kol Nidre are among the highlights of our High Holy Day Services. The rich melodies and music of the Kol Nidre service are especially meaningful and serve to put each participant in the proper reflective mood.
We look forward to sharing our wonderful High Holy Days together! L’Shana Tova!